Shark cage!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
October 4th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On friday, our last day, we went out into the Indain Ocean to go in a cage to see sharks. The sharks were not the scarest part!! The boat was a rubber zodac that was only about 18' long. The waves were HUGE that day and he said it was the worst he would take people in and we had to hurry because it was going to get worse. Plus we had to start on the beach and push the boat through the surf and drive through the HUGE!!! waves to get our to the open ocean that was not any calmer. Lets just say I couldn't even watch the front because they swells we were going over in this small boat were crazy!!

He started feeding the sharks before the cage was in and there were about 5 sharks swimming around as he had ME go first and slide off the boat into the cage. It was very cool though. He took pictures of us from outside the cage. It was so rough though that we started to get sick in the cage and when we got out it was worse. On the way back we say humpback whales and they were amazing. The driver took picture with my underwater camera which I have not gotten developed yet. So hopefully you can see them when I get those. I recommend this to everyone!! But, maybe on a calmer day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb