Blyde River Canyon and Kruger Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
July 8th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day five: July 8th Blyde River Canyon and Kruger park

Sightseeing day, we did Blyde river, Bourkes’ luck potholes, God’s window.
I’ll let the pictures tell the story.



































Lunch was at Nkambeni Tented Lodge on the border of kruger park. The temperature rose dramatically to 30 degrees Celsius. The first thing I did when I got of the bus was to manage to get bitten by a mosquito, imagine that!? Thus my insistence on taking anti-Malaria meds.

We were given our room keys, airconditioning remote and flashlight…… hmmm….. wonder where the flash light comes in?.... figured it out on the way to our tent, no lighting whatsoever outside of the tents themselves. The bath had two showers one inside and one open to the elements, I used the outside one. There was also a hot tub at each tent not sure if anyone else used theirs, I didn’t use mine, next time.




















After lunch we left for our bus safari in search of the very elusive African wildlife. Kruger Park is HUGE and many of the animals didn’t get the memo to be on our route. Here’s a sampling of what we saw.


























Dinner was at the hotel, where we were serenaded during our dinner by two local groups. That night was cold and being in a tent didn’t help matters.

Again a group of us staying up late socializing in the lounge, reluctant to face the cold tents.




Advertisement



3rd August 2008

WOW
Those photos are amazing!!!
5th August 2008

Wow!
Breathtaking pics. Just amazing!!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb