Swaziland


Advertisement
Swaziland's flag
Africa » Swaziland
July 9th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day six: July 9th Swaziland



We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant at the outskirts of Kruger Park and watched the sunrise.









We headed out to the Eden chimpanzee reserve, we learned about the rescue operation carried out, all the chimps on the reserve where rescued from night clubs, private owners etc…. Some members of the group were fortunate to have met Jane Goddall (I wasn't as fortunate)









We had lunch there then headed out to the Kingdom of Swaziland. Where I got an extra stamp on my passport. We got there too late for the candle and glass factory tours. We spent the night at the hotel. In the elevator a lady asked me what conference we were here for, I explained we were on vacation and mentioned where we’d visited so far and the other passenger of the elevator a young man actually lived a block away from the restaurant we lunched at in Soweto. The wished us well as we got off on our floor Cousin Flo and I. She went to bed and I headed back down to the lobby to get the shuttle over to the neighboring hotel where there was a little shopping center and a casino. The shopping center had already closed by this time so the non gamblers hung out and had a drink while one person gambled and won big, 16000 rand, this same person also won this trip to Africa (how lucky can one person be?)







Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb