Hidden Gem Day Tour part 1.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lions Head.Lions Head.Lions Head.

This is the top of Lions Head, the views you will see when you get there!.
My first and second entry regarding Cape Town’s hidden pleasures will consist of a little day tour which I have put together for those who want to see a little out of what they bargained for. This is a pleasurable, easy-going day that will mainly be about seeing some of Cape Town’s natural beauty in another way than that of out the window of a tour bus. The first entry will consist of the first half of the day and the second entry will be of the second half of the day.

To start off the day you will do a hike up Lions Head Mountain (this is opposite Table Mountain). Lions head offers it’s own unique views that of which cannot be seen from Table Mountain…. And…. You don’t have to spend R300 or so to view them!- or if you are a hiker, this is a MUCH easier walk than Table Mountain. The hike will take you plus minus 2 hours there and back- at the most. It is appropriate for almost all ages and is not too strenuous.

When you reach the summit you will be graced with a 360 degree view of Cape Town- an absolute awe inspiring experience. After Lion’s Head you may be a bit peckish so I recommend you go to a restaurant called ‘Beleza’ which is at the bottom of Kloof Nek Road (2 minute drive from Lions head). This is a popular breakfast spot for Cape Tonians, with various specials, amazing cappuccinos and fun, friendly waiters/waitresses who are very interesting to talk to for further travel ideas. Next up is beach time!

The beach I am suggesting for this tour is a beach called “Beta Beach”. This beach is in Bakoven down Beta Road (your gps will know the way). This beach is a true hidden gem. It is small, with crystal clear waters and tranquillity away from the masses who will attend the more well-known beaches. It is filled with beautiful shells as well as rocks which are fun to climb for hidden views and maybe even some sea life viewing!. This is the end of the first half of the day-tour, stay tuned to this blog for my next entry coming soon with your plans for the second half of your day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb