Update


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Stellenbosch
May 10th 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So, South African winter is in full force. Which basically means that it is COLD (about 60 F) and raining. All the time. Hot and Sunny Stellenbosch is no more.

So, What do you do when the going gets tough and all it does is rains? You take off for sunnier, warmer places... like Mozambique.

Tomorrow a groups of friends and I are taking off on a flight to Johannesburg, and from there we depart for Kruger National Park, Botswana, Zambia and then finally Mozambique. We will be gone in the bush and to the beach for 16 days: a nice end of the semester journey and escape from the rain with good people. We are all so excited.

When we return back to Stellenbosch, I will have only 8 days left before returning back to the US, a thought that both confuses and disturbs me. Where did this semester go, and do I really have to leave?


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



10th May 2010

I enjoyed your photos of South Africa. That pizza box is really beautiful! Will you be there for World Cup? My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your final days there! Heather :)
13th May 2010

Student packages
Nice choice on places to see a "year of summers" i suppose. Find acceptional student discounts with student flights (www.studentflights.co.za) - no need to break the bank to travel, go your own way. Great blog!
13th May 2010

Student packages
Nice choice on places to see a "year of summers" i suppose. Find acceptional student discounts with student flights (www.studentflights.co.za) - no need to break the bank to travel, go your own way. Great blog!
29th May 2010

study & travel
Lydia, Sounds like a wonderful finale to a semester in S.Africa. I envy you the trip you're taking. Can't believe that the time has flown and you will be back in the USA. I'm sure you have mixed feelings about the return. Keep in touch, love Marnie.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb