Safari (Don't Stop Believing)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Klein Karoo
May 13th 2013
Published: May 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Cheers loyal followers,



We left Cape Town this morning for a road trip out to Sanbona Wildlife Reserve for our first ever African safari. I turned on the radio about 5 minutes into the trip and Journey was full into the first chorus of "Don't Stop Believing". Couldn't have been a better indication of how the rest of our day would go. It was about a 3 hour drive out to the welcome lodge at Sanbona, then another hour to our "tents" in the reserve. This place is incredible. We are pretty worn out from getting up at 6 this morning, but I think Brady will have some more to say. Off to the showers and bed for me we have a wakeup call at 630 tomorrow for another game drive. Oh yea, side note, I drove a standard today for the first time in 10 years, and it was the smoothest start we've had since we rented the car. Just saying.

Elephants (including a 3-day old baby...precious), giraffes, a hippo, baboons, zebras, jackals, several different type of antelope (including the fastest and the biggest), and various types of awesome birds. <<That is what we saw on our safari today. Our minds were blown. Simply blown. We got SO close to all the animals!! Tomorrow our goal is to see the cheetahs, lions, and the rhinos. Who knows, maybe we'll get to see hyenas, a honey badger and who knows what else!

The stars are some of the best I've ever seen out here. Nothing like seeing the Milky Way Galaxy to remind you how small you are in this universe.... Well, early start tomorrow so off to bed. Pray the baboons don't come down from the cliff to get us! They've been known to come around camp...



Brady and Josh



P.S. that part about the "smoothest start we've had" is totally a lie! It was a really smooth start, BUT I rocked driving this morning. And I'll let Josh tell you about what happened with the car as we were rolling into the lodge some other time..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th May 2013

Incredible!!!
14th May 2013

WOW!
Gents, This looks amazing. I would love to be there with y'all. The safari looks amazing!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb