Sarah and I do Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 11th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So It's about time I added some more stuff to this page before I start getting complaints that I haven't written anything. I'm afraid I can't show you any photos yet as I'm in a hostel in the sticks which has just about got internet access and no more.

So Cape Town was amazing. Sarah arrived a couple of days after me so I had a couple of days just sussing out the area before she got here. The first day we just did Cape Town and walked down to the waterfront whcih was very nice. Sarah got slightly carried away with all the African things for sale and bought a load of salad servers and giraffes - only to find that every other shop sold exactly the same thing! We also decided to treat oursleves to high Tea in the Table Bay hotel which was amazing. A four course tea of quiches, cucumbers sandwiches, pastries and then home made cakes - absolutey delish and all for 90 rand (about 7quid)!! Well worth it.
Next day hired a car an dorve down to Cape Point and the Cape of Good hope - supposedly where the two oceans meet, but in reality it's not there at all, but Cape Agulhas, but hey it was a cool drive down Chapman's Peak and saw amazing views of the 12 Apostles. Then drove a couple of hours East to a place called Hermanus where we did a whale watching trip which was quite fun. (Had to drive through a pretty scary shanty town on the way there as it was getting dusk and were warned about people throwing rocks on the widscreen and mugging us so we were prepared to just put our foot down should we ned to. Thankfully we had no ourble and arrived in one piece.

Next stop was Stellenbosch... and the wine tour we'd been waiting for. Went off to say in a gostel whcih roganised wine tours so we met a group of about 8 people and spent the day going round 4 wineries, tasting wine, eating cheese and had a yummy meal halfway through of Springbok stew which was totally delicious! Very good fun and a cool bunch of people on the trip too so all the better. The wine regions are absolutely beautiful so make sure you do a tour if any of you go out...

Returned to our little pad in Cape town and spent the last day doing Table mountain and did a boat trip of the harbour.. One of the coolest things we've ever done. Went on a 500bhp rib which goes about 60mph!! It took us out for about an hour right down the Camps Bay and Clifton beaches whcih are really cool. the sea was prety rough and we were going to fast over the waves that Sarah and I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes as we thought we were going to get thrown oput of the boat.. definitely worth doing!

Obvisouly we thought we ought to just check out the shops so spent the last afternoon in Canal Walk shopping centre - the biggest shopping centre in the Western Hemipshere apparently (not sure quite what they mean by that but it was pretty huge!)

All in all had an amazing time in Cape Town. Sarah left the next day and left me to catch the Baz Bus, which is to take me up the coast for the next five weeks.. Thats all for now. sorry to bore you, but you can always just read the bits you want to read!
Byeeee, love to everyone at home.
x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb