Faffadooing


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

....need we say any more?!
Is everyone sitting comfortably...? Then we shall begin!

Sorry all for missing yesterday's entry...we found our social lives instead! So here's yesterday's news:

We started the day with our school visit, which as usual was really good! As Hannah was not feeling her best with her hundreds of mozzie bites, we decided to change our routine. Instead of doing some reading and maybe playing a game or two, we offered them a selection of new board games that had been added to our boxes and spent a merry morning playing! With every game we played, we were very proud of ourselves for finding a way of encouraging our students to read or tell a story whilst game playing! In one morning, we became experts in Ludo, Snakes & Ladders, I went to market and bought, dictionary hangman and numerous other games!

After working so hard we decided we deserved a quiet, relaxing afternoon with a culinary treat thrown in for good measure. So we left school and picked up the car, and drove back to Rhodes Memorial for scones and jam. Yum!!!

We got back to Chill and Surf just in time to be invited out
Rules of the Road...Rules of the Road...Rules of the Road...

...Afrikaan stylee!
for dinner with the fellow Chill and Surfers. We had a really nice meal of pasta and garlic pizza, which was slightly larger than anticipated. We were talked at by Crazy American's special friend Crazier American, aka Chris. As his representatives we would like to contribute the following word to the global community...

FAFFADO (n) (FAFFADOOING (v)) a deriative of faffing it refers to a person who persistently faffs.

Please use this word in your daily life. Pass it onto your friends and we may get it in the English dictionary...maybe...or not!!!

So that's it for yesterday's news, now for the next stage in our South African adventure (today):

Off to school again today (yes we are finally doing some work). It was another fantastic day...with amazing progress with one particular student. Thembisa met Lizzie with poor verbal English and no English-reading skills, today she read a page entirely by herself so that's a huge difference we have seen already.

After school we didn't really know what to do with ourselves. We are continuing to be eaten alive by mosquitoes so decided we needed to do something to remind us of home...So,craving fast food, we
Ukhanyo Primary SchoolUkhanyo Primary SchoolUkhanyo Primary School

A contradiction in terms...check out school security!?
went to Wimpy for lunch and then to the cinema to see Spiderman 3. Yey us!!! The cinema cost less than 3 pounds each and we got to see the trailers for Shrek the 3rd, Lizzie's future husband's latest release (Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Edge of the World?!) and Surf's Up, which is a film about surfing Bobs with an American chicken called Joe who reminds us very much of the Crazy American who shall remain nameless (Joe Tennenbaum)!!!

Spiderman was really cool and we came out feeling that way too...literally (the air conditioning was turned up full blast)!!! After we had regained feeling in all external limbs and done a very quick bit of shopping in the legendary supermarket that is Pick & Pay, we toddled back to Chill & Surf for a quick chat with Kat (our very cool i 2 i rep!) and then settled in for a 'quiet evening'! (Our room-mates went to bed about 20 minutes before we had to get up!!!)

Tune in tomorrow for Liz and Hannah's whirlwind safari adventure!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



7th May 2007

Hammer or Hammered Cont.....
So I obviously talked for too long (surprise!!..) as i run out of space to type, then hit enter and it dissapeared so I apologise for any spelling errors and gramatical issues (Liz please can you review these for me before posting!!!). Any way bye for now, oh thats what I thought was funny was the penguins I watched the marching penguins they are hilerious remind me of "Battle Chess" on the computer at School!! he he.. Have a great time, be careful speak soon. xxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb