Africa nearly over


Advertisement
Published: December 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Cape Town yesterday. Sun was shining and table mountain looking resplendant.

So the Africa leg of our journey is nearly over. I am not sure we would have seen half as much if we hadn't done the overland truck route. Camping out in the bush miles from anywhere is quite an experience.

There are too many highlights to do them justice. From camping under Spitzkoppe in Namibia to watching lions in the Serengetti. I just hope the 2000 photos do them justice. Get ready for the slideshow

We were supposed to go up table mountain this morning, but it looks as though we need to wait for the clouds to shift. Hopefully they will move in the next couple of days or we will just have to come back.

The Facial hair finally went yesterday morning. A group trip to the barbers put pay to that one. People tell me that I look 10 years younger. But how i could possibly look 15 I dont know?

Christmas doesn't seem real either. I just dont find Santa convincing in 30 degree heat.

Well we get into Buenos Aires on the 10th. Can I possibly eat Steak for 5 weeks straight? I guess we will just have to find out.

Katie is well and we decided that Stellenbosch is one of the few places on our trip that we could actually move to. Katie wants to specialise in Wine Tour Accounting. I think that is probably a recipe for distaster though.

Anyway to the west.................. Bring on those Cevezas.

Rich and Katie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb