I need some food!!!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » North West » Sun City
October 30th 1994
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The next day, we were to take the same van back to JNB. We waited and it did not show. We still waited and it did not arrive. My friend called the travel agent who said they would get things straightened out. Finally, the driver was there and we were pressed for time. He knew we had to hurry and he floored that vehicle! We were waiting so long that we never did get anything to eat. We had a flight from JNB to Nelspruit(NLP) that afternoon and it was going to be close!
Well, we did not make it. It was also the last flight of the day. I was not too worried, I just thought we could get some rest and try again the next day. At least we could finally get some FOOD! They had other plans.

They sought out a rental car so we could drive in that night. This was going to be nuts! We were going to Nelspruit to get to the Idube Lodge for some game spotting. They were upset our already short two day stay at the lodge was going to get cut one day.
We got our car and were off. I did get a candy bar at the airport, so at least I ate SOMETHING! They did not eat anything but said they would wait until we arrived. Haha, yeah right! If they only knew......
There we were driving on the other side of the road, in torrential rains at night! I can remember the petrol getting low and Eddie not wanting to stop. I was pissed because we don't know where there are stations and the last thing we needed was to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere! The trip had gone on for about 3 to 4 hours now and Eddie was getting sleepy, in fact we all were getting sleepy. I was dozed off when I heard screams and scraping. Eddie had dozed off also and was scraping the guard rail. OK, Now we are all wide awake! It wasn't long after that we arrived into the town of Nelspruit.
It was late and nothing was open. They were desperate to get to the lodge. We found out that there would be no way to get to the lodge that night. We kind of did all that for nothing. At least we would have an early start the next morning.
For the whole day, I had a candy bar to eat and they had nothing. There no places open to eat. We got a room at the Town Lodge motel. It was nice to get some rest finally.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb