Christmas in Kruger Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
December 23rd 2007
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 4am to leave for Kruger Park. It's definitely a Parkhouse thing that unless you get up way before dawn it isn't a holiday. We stopped for lunch at the best motorway cafe called Milly's, the one on the trout lake. On the way we must have passed at least a dozen broken down trailers on their way to Mozambique. They all seem to have a bed and half a dozen chairs lashed to the top. We got to Lower Sabie mid afternoon and set up camp, it was really hot so we then had a swim to cool down.

The camp gates open at 4.30 so we rose at 3.30 to make sure we were first out of the gates. This time we weren't lucky enough to get any amazing sightings but you still can't beat being out so early and watching the sun rise over the African landscape.

Christmas eve and we put up the Christmas trees and decorations, complete with battery lights.

Christmas dinner was cooked over the open fires, we had the full house, turkey, gammon, roast potatoes, lots of veg and even christmas pudding to follow. Although I always seem to manage to burn the bottom of the pudding basin as I get so carried away eating dinner that I forget all about it. However, it you are really quick and tip it out and don't tell anyone they never notice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb