Beware of falling sausage fruit


Advertisement
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Elephants in the road!Elephants in the road!Elephants in the road!

We watched these elephants at about 6am just eating away!- They eat 700kg of food a day, mainly roots so there are ripped up trees everywhere!
Having travelled though Botswana (really friendly people, and the richest country in Africa yet 60% of people have HIV/AIDS) we're now in Zambia (hot hot hot!!). Last night we went clubbing in an outdoor bar which was really great and kinda surreal and the drinks we're cheeeeap!!

We road tripped 2000km through South Africa and Botwana (avoiding the sausage fruit falling from the trees!) in a 37 degree heat listening to loud music and stopping for animal pics every so often!! - It was really good fun.
There are 8 people on our tour and we have a mini bus/safari vehicle and a cool guide called Alf!

Every morning we rise from our tents at anything from 4:30am to 5:15am. It's crazy, and you should see the toilets - COVERED in soooo many insects!! Daily I sit and spray mosquito repellent while weeing!!
Having a shower is just a circus of us all screaming and jumping about scared!

We have visited the Kruger National Park and seen elephants, zebra, vultures, warthogs, giraffes, dung beetles, lions, and sooo many more!! We also went on a cruise where we saw hippos and crocs!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

My favourite!My favourite!
My favourite!

Two giraffes through binocs. BUt we did get very close but I like this pic!
ChameleonChameleon
Chameleon

(hope I've spelt it right?) Anyway, we saw one on the road and Alf picked it up and it bit him! Stayed grey though cos it was angry!
Botswana/Zambia BoarderBotswana/Zambia Boarder
Botswana/Zambia Boarder

Really not a nice experience going through here!- Lots of people and our guide had to pay to get to the front of the queue!
Booze cruise on the ZambeziBooze cruise on the Zambezi
Booze cruise on the Zambezi

Doesn't work quite as well as boozze cruise on the Ouse!?!!


4th December 2006

South Africa is in fact the richest country on the continet of africa not botswana. And it is so by far, just check the world fact book or any other resource website. The Southern African region excluding zimbabwe are in general much better off than the rest of Africa.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb