New Year's Eve and Day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Saint Lucia
January 28th 2014
Published: January 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We got across the border and it is quite bit nicer than the crossing before. We had a long and boring drive to St. Lucia. We slept and played games for the time to pass. We eventually got there but were all tired by that time so we settled in. There was only a little time before we went on a search for crocodiles and hippos. We were going down the river when a hippo popped up and we took some pictures then as we started to leave it charged us. No one had their cameras out because we were leaving the hippo and going up the river. But you guys believe me right???

The guide explained why it went under the water then came back up. It is because hippos run on the bottom then jump up at you. We then headed over to were a group of hippos were resting. There were tons of them I even got a pic with it's mouth open. The guide then took us to another part of the river. There were really cool trees that collect the salt water then when it dries the leaves taste salty.

We saw in the distance two Crocodiles that looked like logs on a sand bar. I had a pair of binoculars so I could see them really well! Unfortunately my camera had no power left but the Crocs were really cool. When we got back to the dock we had the rest of the day to do stuff.

That night was New Year's Eve so at we went to a restaurant that had a costume party. The food was alright but it was great fun. Only a hand full of us stayed up tell twelve. Four of the kids including me and all five of the adults. Me, Aden and Stuart played soccer. At twelve o'clock we had our little celebration with champagne for the parents and pop for us kids. We then went for a walk and saw some people launching paper lantern, hot air balloons. They were beautiful, then we heard fire works and thought that they might hit one it was kinda funny in a way. Luckily they never hit one! We then returned to our hotel for the night.

The next day we got to go to one really cool beach on the Indian Ocean. The guide drove us to the beach and on the way we saw some Rhinos, Zebras, warthogs and Springboks in the field! When we got to the beach we got diving masks to find different fish and creatures that are by the rocks and in the tide pools. We were at the beach for the whole morning and returned to the hotel for a lunch papered by Arthur and Nolan. We got pasta salad and chicken salad. They were great! After lunch we went for a walk around town. We saw this awesome fig tree that had windy roots that went all over the place. After the walk we had a superb Braii (that's what they call a BBQ) made again by Arthur and Nolan. There was sausage and steak with veggies,fresh bread and a green salad. What a great New Years dinner!

Good night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb