violence breeds violence...hatred breeds hatred...


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
April 7th 2010
Published: April 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

firstly... still do not have the journal entry from last week with me... but i always randomly add journal entries i have stocked up... so you will read it soon... the last few days have been strange in the news... a man named Eugene Terrablanche was murdered a few days back, on Easter actually... he was not what you would call a great guy, he was the chairman of the AWB... the AWB is an extreme right wing terrorist group, similar to the KKK. They have done terrible things in the past and have continued to push for a seperate "Afrikaner homeland" within the Republic of South Africa... but the ANC and other "liberation" movements are guilty of atrocities as well... both sides were at war, both sides used violence and terrorism to either hold onto or dismantle Apartheid... with all of that said- violence solves nothing. hatred solves nothing. in recent news, Julius Malema (the ANC youth leage President) has been accused of hate speech for singing old struggle anthems such as "shoot the farmer", directed at whites. firstly, he was not even a trickle in his parents eyes when that song was sang... secondly, it promotes ignorance and hatred amongst the possible leaders of the future South Africa. links are being made between his antics and Eugene's death- I honestly do not think his singing these songs is directly responsible- but it does not promote anything other than hatred... how can South Africa recover and truely move forward if the constitution, the TRC and the strong words of ex- President Mandela are just ignored and tossed aside? In the 15 years the ANC has ruled the country, wonderful things have happened, many changes for the better have occured, but thee has also been gross amounts of corruption and lies... no one is perfect, but those who are still blaming Apartheid and people like Terrablanche(who have so little political power IF any) for the situation in South Africa regarding crime and lack of infrastructure etc etc NEED to wake up. This is an amazing place and people with those types of mindsets are keeping South Africa from prospering onward towards the true rainbow nation that Mr. Mandela and DeKlerk promised 15 years ago.

ok i am finished... yes I cut Elisha's hair... it looks great!!
to Anthony- I miss you guys too, sometimes.. haha. I would love to make it to a game, especially the US vs UK but I do not know if it will happen... we shall see... I will still bring you back that small child we spoke about...

take care...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb