Day ten (in full)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Paterson
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning we set an early alarm so we could watch the sun rise over the Indian Ocean. Unfortunately the day dawned cloudy and drizzly, however last night’s full moon was a spectacle to behold, and we saw the southern cross.

Today we arrived for the last leg of our adventure at Shamwari Game Reserve. We are camping here but not in any way you would imagine. If I said the tent comes complete with, bathroom, air conditioning, plunge pool, outside shower and a double bed with electric blanket it might give you some idea of the style. We are now all inclusive (similar to a cruise in a way) so since we arrived at midday we have had lunch, we missed afternoon tea, but we had sun downer drinks and snacks on our game drive and when we returned glasses of sherry and steaming mugs of hot chocolate to thaw the blood, and we are off for pre-dinner drinks with our guide in a few minutes.

Oh and the drive, 10 km over dirt roads in a open top vehicle, please remember that it is winter here to see, rhino, hyena, zebra, giraffe, an elusive leopard and the highlight of the afternoon a herd of wild elephant. I am sure I have missed some out but you get the general idea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb