Day nine


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove from Tsala to St Francis on the Western Cape. On the way we stopped off to see the highest commercial bungee jump in the world. I had to hold Meg back because she was desperate to have a go but unfortunately we didn’t have enough time. (That last line was a blatant lie clearly.) We also went to see the big tree, it might be nearly 1,000 years old but I have seen bigger.

We seem to be saying this a lot, but St Francis is beautiful; our guest house has views out over the Indian Ocean with steps down onto the beach. The village is very picturesque with black and white thatched buildings. According to the hotel info, the village has just celebrated its 100th anniversary. This afternoon we went for a walk down the beach and the sea was definitely warmer than the pool at Tsala.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and we are off on safari. If they have WiFi we will post another blog. If they don’t, I guess you won’t hear from us until we get to the airport!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



27th July 2010

Wedding anniversary
I hope you have a lovely day, though you may not see this til afterwards.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb