Rwandan Genocide


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Rwandan Genocide



The Rwandan Genocide took place in 1994. 500,000-1,000,000 people were killed between April 7th to July 15th. 20% of the population was killed.

The Hugo groups started a mass killing of the the Tutsis group. This genocide was planned by members of the Hutu power group known as the Akazu most of them with jobs in the too levels of the national government. The Akazu is an informal organization of the Hutu extremist. Hutu Power asserted that the Tutsi intended to re-enslave the Hutu and must be resisted at all costs. Continuing ethnic strife resulted in the rebels' displacing large numbers of Hutu in the north, plus periodic localized Hutu killings of Tutsi in the south.

The movie Hotel Rwanda made ten years after the genocide, in 2004. In the movie, a hotelier, Paul R. Tries to save his fellow citizens from the genocide by giving people/ families and refugees shelter in the besieged, hotel des Millie Collines. Besieged meaning:surround (a place) with armed forces in order to capture it or force its surrender; lay siege to.

By the genocide happening it caused a culture to be taken just like the Jewish population by Hitler. It affected the community as the Tutsis's freedom and their well being. They were killed or had severe wounds after the Hutu hit them with machetes or varies if weapons.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb