Namibia!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
March 5th 2009
Published: March 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys...so sorry i havn't written in a while!

I have about two minutes internet time so here i go..

Well, im in namibia now and oh my word it is a beautiful country. We camped in the Bushmen town of Tsumkwe write at the border of Namibia after one treacherous drive out of botswana! After one night there we headed of to the famous Etosha National Park - we decided to camp outside the park rather than in to save money - where we spent 3 nights enjoying all the area had to offer. It is rainy season at the moment and believe me when i tell you that we are definitely getting more rain over here than you are! Etosha was wet but stunning - we came across so many animals and the pan, that stretched for miles, was really something else. Oh Chris we nearly hit a lion as it darted across the road!!

Our last 4 days have been spent at Okonjima Lodge which is home to the Africat foundation - which, yes, means that we saw lots of big cats! Our days were filled with Cheetah feeding (we personally couldnt feed them), Hyena tracking on foot (those Hyena were absolutely huge!) and leopard tracking (this time we had to stay in the car). It really was so much fun and along the way i learnt so much about them as a species and what the foundation does - it was all very interesting. You guys would have absolutely loved it - especially chris of course! We also really impressed the owners so for our final two nights - nights that we were meant to spend in the campsite - we were given to nights (no extra charge) at the bush suites!!!! AMAZING!!!! we were also the youngest people they had ever had stay there!

Anyway we are now offf to the red rocks of Twyfelfontein (slight change of scenery) to camp by the Huab River!! Will email as soon as i can!

lots and lots of love to everyone

XXXXXXXXXXXX


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb