Morocco is for thrill seekers


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Martil
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night we went out for dinner to try the local food. Not really sure about which one to choose, we went for the most popular, which was Cafe Nord. The seating is out on the grass facing the beach, and service is very relaxed. Dave and I put this down to us being too used to fast food places like Pizza hut, where if they take more than 35 minutes we start huffing. But the food was great and of course cheap, i think the bill for four drinks, two chips and two big pizzas came to less than £20 total. After that we wandered a bit further down the street, then crossed over and walked next to the beach back to the campsite. Unfortunately the campsite is out of season, as the swimming pool and on-site resturant are closed.

But today we had our first real taste of Morocco, starting with a taxi ride in to the nearest city Tétouan. People pay £30 to go to thorpe park, well we payed £2.50 for the ride of our lives. Being a third world country the taxi was an old clapped out merc, with no seat belts, worn out brakes and steering that drifted more than grass on a windy day. But just to be sure we took the same type of taxi back to the campsite, but this one crunched gears and flew at mach one for most the journey, which was amesome!

The main reason for the trip in to town was to buy car insurance, which my UK insurance wouldn't do, and pick up a 3G dongle so contacting everyone will be a doddle. While searching for the shops we needed we found out that they all have smaller shops which can't help very close to them. For example the Moroc Telecom shops all have an orange sign with the company name on it, but only one of the six we walked by could actually provide the dongle, which was also the one we didn't see the first time. Along the journey back we saw some really nice buildings, most of which they paint either white or blue.

We received good news this morning from Mark, as he's all fixed up and heading for us, and so should be with us by late afternoon/early evening, which is excellent. Hopefully his journey across will be as simple as ours. With this we will stay at this campsite for one more night before moving on to Chefcheon, which has the old town all painted blue.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb