Up high next to Chefchaouen


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Chefchaouen
September 25th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we sent mark and Alan in to Tetouen to experience the culture or more precisely the taxi ride. They came back amused and with car insurance by lunch time, so we set off for the the next site. On route we stopped for fuel, where i had to serve myself, but Dave had his filled for him, plus have his windows cleaned, he obviously looks like he's more loaded than i do 😊 .

I lead us all to the next place using my Uncles Sat Nav, which did the job, even though half a mile from the campsite it sent us up a dirt track which looked like it was nothing more than a construction route, with a damn nigh verticle, 5 metre acsent to reach the tarmac again.

Once settled in we decided to go see the medina of Chefchouen. Unfortunately a local happened to be walking past when leaving the site, and took us on a guided tour of the place. The medina itself was a really nice place to see with the buildings all different shades of blue. While on our "tour" we were shown a rug makers shop, and the machine they use to make it. Then, once seated, they gave us a show of the different patterns created, from male and female designers, and the materials used. All very interesting but the inevitable push for a sale was nearing, but by the end Dave wanted one so started bartering till he got his price. After a lot of walking our guide made the local spring his pinnacle of the tour. But on arrival, we found it to be all dried up and what looked like a burst pipe was all that supplied it.

He then showed us the way back out to the taxi rank, and while entering the cab, he then demanded something for his efforts, which was fair enough, as he had walked us around the entire town, except his idea of a tip was a hell of a lot bigger than ours, at which point things started to turn sour. But we finally settled on a price and with a huff he took it and left. We then had another excellent death ride in the taxi, where in order for the little suzuki van to make it up the hill to the camp, he never took his foot of the throttle, and this one had a busted wheel bearing, as the front wheel shook like hell, on the verge on shearing off, till the driver took up the slack with the steering.

Well back at camp now about to settle down with some food, ready for another interesting and exciting day in Morocco. Tomorrow we head for Meknes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 89; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb