Good Morning Guinea


Advertisement
Liberia's flag
Africa » Liberia
November 25th 2015
Published: December 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a long delay but finally the removal of the stuck truck the decision is made to stay at Libassa a second night to avoid another bush camp, we leave the following morning 25/11/15 on route to Kitpatwe waterfalls, after a food shop in the Monrovia suburbs named "Red Light Motor" district we join onto some wonderful roads, by which I mean Tarmac on behalf of the Chinese Gov, (part of a trade deal with Liberia) they lead us nearly the whole way to Kipatwe falls at 4pm. Time to swim & play in the water before setting up camp under some humongous trees. 26/1/15 Head straight for the Guinea Border, the whole process including 1 Liberia exit stamps, 3 Guinea outposts; military, customs and immigration takes nearly 4 hours after which we begin our journey through Guineas forest region, arguably the most picturesque jungle we have seen on the trip so far. After making good time we meet a triple truck traffic jam in the forests. all huge meserk trucks, the first stuck on blocks after loosing air for the breaks, the second at tipping point after failing to miss the ditch on the overtake, we choose to turn back and bush camp in a forest clearing instead of joining/ getting blocked into the queue. That evening we hear encouraging sounds of large moving traffic and the following morning 27/11/15 drive to N'Zerekore to food shop, check out the town and peruse the artisan market. After which we head for a chimpanzee research base where we camp and arrange our guided chimp trek for the following morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb