Vine Bridge


Advertisement
Guinea's flag
Africa » Guinea » Kankan
November 25th 2015
Published: December 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

28/11/15 Some confusion between the directors of the chimp research centres after they appear to forget to find the chimps before we are due to set off, in due Africa time we set off an hour later to find the chimps on the move during a family dispute less than a mile from camp. Not many photo opportunities due to the thick jungle and silky chimpy gym skills but see them I did. We leave the chimps at 11 and drive for an afternoon trek to a Guinea Vine Bridge, led from a village we are guided by local Michelle, 40 mins across the customary beautiful countryside to what used to be a common sight yet due to wide spread deforestation very few bridges survive. After we head back to N'Zerekore for our nights stay in the grounds of the Mount Nimba Hotel, not the most luxurious facilities for campers, yet a very good pizza and chips for 60000 Guinea francs was a good call and on a Saturday night with a pool party, bar, discotheque and casino mount Nimba provides an affordable night out for the locals, the night club was I hear an incredible totally sober dripping sweat box of mostly male dancing hah, most young guys here will dress with a full suit and bow tie if they can.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb