A2 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not, what discrimination do women in this country face?

Website Link: http://www.creawkenya.org/creaw-publications/the-status-of-women-and-girls-in-kenya.html

In Kenya, Africa women do not have any respect what so ever besides being the mother of their kids. They are viewed as a housewife and nothing else. The men are the ones working trying to get as much money as possible. Women have no permission to do anything. They are beneath the men and do not have any equality. I think it's unfair that women have no rights because women are capable of so much. They aren't even allowed to finish school because the men have them starting families already. Women aren't allowed to own property. In fact, if their husband owns property and they pass on they're forced to move and live in poverty. Living as a women is truly unfair.

Women in Africa I know live in fear, but yet some are so used of the way their society is. Women are expected to be beaten by their husbands to show their sign of love. Oh my God. Also, there is no punishment to men who rape women in Kenya. That is really sad how women are treated. I expected women to not be treated fairly; however, I wasn't expecting them to be treated like animals. Women are strong just like men, and it is a shame how they treat their women.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb