A2 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the traditional clothing like in Mexico?

Link: http://www.facts-about-mexico.com/mexican-clothing.html

In Mexico, there are many traditions. Some families follow and some families don't; however, most families usually follow traditions depending on where they live. Families that live in big cities, like Chicago, wear clothes like us: jeans, shirts, gym shoes, etc. People who live in smaller areas/parts of Mexico wear more of the old fashioned style of Native Mexican clothing. This clothing is made of silk, wool, cotton, bark, and agave. They prefer warm colors like brown and red, so most of their clothing consisted of those families of color. Woman usually wear a skirt called huipil and a rebozo which is a certain kind of shawl. As for men, they wore trousers and European garments. They also wear Mexican boots that have a sharp tip at the end and usually have nice designs on them.

Clothing depended on where someone lived and where they were from. Clothing can be known by gender, social class, and ethnic group. Mexicans are always well dressed even if they're staying in for the day. For example, my Grandma, who is from Mexico, always had a high quality appearance. She always dressed professionally and very well. She felt that the way you present yourself truly says a lot about a person. In Mexico, they were taught to always dress appropriate. I would say Mexico has the most beautiful clothing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb