Nov 3-9 Zanzibar to Serengeti to Nairobi


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
November 9th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 26 - 33



The end of "G" adventure.

Leaving the luxury of the resort in Zanzibar was not easy as we headed into two days of long, bumpy and hot bus rides back into camping mode and a bit of rain which made for one muddy day at the campsite...but...it was all worth it for the Serengeti and Ngorongo Crater...three days of absolute wonder at the beauty of it all and seeing animals in their natural setting... saw them all, even the elusive cheeta...lots of lions, hippos, giraffes, elephants, buffalo, topi, dikdik, waterbucks,a rhino...and the amazing start of the wildebeast, zebra and Thompson gazelles great migration,. just thousands of these animals all running in a line across the great plains.....felt like bursting into Lion King songs! Camped in the Serengeti and crater amongst the critters...quite the experience! Then a "short" 7 hr drive to Nairobi and lots of good byes to our fellow adventurers, many of whom are off on new adventures, several as part of a year of traveling.

Now at the nice Boulevard hotel and off to the National Museum today, then repacking for Uganda...this continues to be quite the adventure but all good! Seems like we have been away so long!....no problems at all and feel very comfortable and safe in this amazing country...much more relaxed than the chaos of urban India! Must say that after 21 days of camping, now feel pampered! Uganda will be one driver for 4 days with all hotels, meals etc looked after....sounds like absolute luxury! Think of us on Monday slugging our way through the Uganda rain-forest in search of gorillas!

Funny scene, on the morning after the US election, in the N Crater, our driver told us of the Obama win ...a huge Y..E...S....!!!! from the floor of the crater from us all...won't forget this election and the huge attention to it from all we traveled with.

Will try for a blog from Uganda but, if not, see you in a week ! Kris, if the plane is delayed a long time, please check with Felicia so she can feed the dogs their evening meal! See our Calgary family for pizzas on Friday night ... David, have fun in Austin!

On a sad note,we say goodbye to our dear friend Sim who passed away on Nov.3. He brought us joy (and mice) over the last 17 years. Thank you Felicia for your care.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb