Zanzibar Oct. 27 - Nov. 2 (4 doors down from Freddy's house)


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Zanzibar City
November 2nd 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 19 - 25




Thinking of the wee ones and Halloween! Here we are at gorgeous North Beach in Zanzibar...lately, we just keep moving from one amazing beach to another! After two long, bumpy and hot days we camped on the beach ....water 30C plus . Next day onto a small ferry to the city and then the very modern catamaran for the 2 hr ride to Stone Town Zanzibar...what a great old city...a real convergence of Asia, Africa and Europe. Stayed at a lovely old hotel after so many nights of tents! All of us went to dinner at a great roof top Indian restaurant then to the Stone Town city night market for a feast of food smells and dancing! On the 31st, off for the spice farm tour and fruit sampling en route to our spot for the next two days by a turquoise sea, the whitest sand and a huge infinity pool, great restaurant on the beach.
Nov 1, Jeff off to dive (about 55 ft. down - water temp 28oC) - turtles, rays, coral, eels and lots of fish. the colors were incredible. Dianne to the spa for an avocada exfoliation and massage - this is really experiencing africa. Alos time for some snorkelling together...paradise! Can't believe water can be this clear! Time now to say good bye to the 4 Estonians and Ben from the UK who fly home on the 3rd from Stone Town and welcome to three new young women, one from Montreal who are joining us to Nairobi...all our fellow adventurers .



Funny story from Livingstone...in the bathroom, Jeff "hi Darwin" Darwin "hi Jeff" Darwin was Jeff's business manager at Central who is on an 80 day Rawanda to Capetown adventure..small world! This is all coming together as one great trip for us...tents, 11 hr bumpy rides and mid 30 temps included! After Zanzibar two days of long drives to the Serengeti and Nrgonogo crater for a final G adventure...3 days of bush camping and game drives before we end at Nairobi on the 8th..probably no more blogs til then ..we laugh that on the night of the US election we will be in the Serengeti and probably the last on earth to hear the results...or maybe not! Thanks for the comments and emails...sitting here by the Indian Ocean in Zanzibar, ...home seems very far away...but still loving it all!



Kim - we hope your exams went well!



Happy Birthday Marlene, KrisDavid A & David B - just in case we are not connected before then!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb