Masai Mara


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
June 27th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we've finished our first week of travels and it's certainly been interesting! We're starting to adapt to life here in Kenya- never expect something to come fast and never expect to things to follow your schedule! So far I'm not very happy being in Nairobi but I think that once we get out of here and into the smaller areas it will be better. It's really intimidating constantly feeling like people want to take your money because you're a "rich white person". Masai Mara this weekend was really cool. Although we totally got ripped off on our safari we watched a pride of lions take down a water buffalo right in front of us- which was incredible. It was just like what you would see on National Geographic! The roads on the way to Masai were horrendous. I've decided that the 'roads' beside the roads are much smoother because the true roads are potholes with some road scattered in between!

Today we spent some time with the Donkey Sanctuary in conjunction with the KSPCA. It was really neat because we travelled to one of the remote villages about 2 hours outside of Karen (which is a small town outside of Nairobi). The donkeys are used extensively in everyday life for transporting goods to the bigger towns.

Well I better run, I'm sorry this message is slightly incoherent, there's lots of distractions here and it's been a very long day!

We will be heading to Uganda tomorrow night so I'll be in touch soon and let you know how my 12 hour bus ride goes!



Advertisement



27th June 2006

news from home
Hi Michelle I'm glad you got to Masai Mara this weekend - sounds like quite the adventure. Love the picture. Sorry to have missed your call today but it was good to hear your voice. Safe travels on the next leg, and we'd love to hear more about the park when you have time! Love from home

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb