Arrived in Kenya!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
November 20th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Fi's mandarinFi's mandarinFi's mandarin

Fi gets to grips with her new stress toy!
We’re off and running! It was a 4am start to get to Manchester for the flight down to Heathrow. We were both still feeling the effects of a little get together we had on Saturday night - thank you everyone who turned up and got rip-roaringly drunk with us until 4.30am the following morning.

We got some breakfast at the airport before catching the commuter jet into Heathrow. We got there with plenty of time spare to do a bit of shopping and grab a glass of wine.

Fi had been quite nervous and excited and found a perfect, if unusual stress toy in a mandarin, which she kept all the way to Kenya (strange girl)

We boarded the BA flight to Nairobi on time, but then spent the next hour waiting on the tarmac while they finished loading the cargo and bags. We got airborne eventually and the flight itself was fairly uneventful, except for perhaps the worst landing we’ve had in a long time. We hit the runway with such force that couple of the overhead bins popped open and there was an almighty crashing noise from the galley.

We got through immigration with no problem and went to pick up the bags. Remember I said that we got delayed because they were loading the bags? Well it turns out they hadn’t loaded anywhere near all of them. There were at least 30 names on a list of people whose bags hadn’t made the journey with them.

Luckily, our bags dropped onto the conveyer belt and we both breathed a sigh of relief.

We got to Terry and Jo’s house in the Nairobi suburbs at about 11pm. As ever, their hospitality was amazing. They had a meal waiting for us and a tasty glass of red wine. Then we crashed out, absolutely exhausted from the day’s travelling.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb