I'm back...


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mambo vipi,

Wassup? Well first off, my sincerest apologies for being incommunicado for nearly two months now…it’s not all my fault. Part of it is that we’ve had visitors (and I’ve been lazy as usual). But mostly, it’s due to the fact that computers don’t seem to work in Kenya. And also, this wonderful site hasn’t been working - and it lost all the rest of my blogs…yippee!

Anyway, I’ve broken the last couple of months into four blogs (sorry that you’ll get the email four times): our trip to Zanzibar; weekend in Diani Beach/Shimba Hills; safari in Masai Mara; kids at Upendo/general news from Kilifi. I’ll try to keep it quite brief, as there’s a lot to get through…


Dad and Liam came over on July 5, and we had about a week in Kilifi and its surrounds before we went to Zanzibar, island just off the coast of Tanzania, for four nights. We spent the first two nights at a resort called Hakuna Majiwe, which means no stones, on a very beautiful stretch of beach. Was a very tough few days eating, drinking, swimming, reading, etc.

The other two nights we spent in Stone Town which is a mass of cobbled alleyways with hundreds of little shops and stalls. Here we did a lot more eating and drinking, but also lots of wandering around and checking out the local culture. So, it was a fully sic long-weekend and one of the highlights of our trip so far.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Petrol Station Fire PlanPetrol Station Fire Plan
Petrol Station Fire Plan

That's going to put out a fire at a petrol station...
Inappropriate touristsInappropriate tourists
Inappropriate tourists

Probably not appropriate for a very Muslim town...
Stevie WonderStevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder

Or is it Bruce Willis?


11th August 2007

Guess who's back!
Pleased that you are back. We've missed you and your exploits.
13th August 2007

Hello brigid rose brigid howell (with two L's). Many thanks for your updates. They were most enjoyable. what else?? well i'm going to watch collingwood beat your dees this week. Word to your lovely new tan! xox

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb