South Coast and Shimba Hills


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the Friday morning of the next week my uncle, Rod, arrived in Mombasa. We went down to the airport to meet him and continued further south to Diani Beach, where we hired a seafront cottage for the weekend. Again, it was another tough weekend! Highlights included eating at Ali Barbour restaurant- which is built into a cave and is a spectacular setting - on the first night, and the Forty Thieves - a restaurant and bar with great views of the beach - on the second night.

On the Sunday we went on a one-day safari at a national reserve just inland from Diani, called Shimba Hills. This was an excellent day and a great warm up for our big safari the next week, but also a very different and much more tropical landscape. Here we saw elephants, giraffes, buffalos, impalas, gazelles, monkeys, etc. We also did a really good walk down to Sheldrick Falls, which you can see in the photos.

To travel between Mombasa and the south coast of Kenya where Diani Beach is located you have to cross by ferry, which is a very interesting experience. The ferries leave every 15-30 minutes, depending on what time of day it is, and are absolutely overflowing with people, cars and bicycles.

I've also added some general Kilifi pictures and some other pictures from when Dad, Liam and Rod were over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Don't Cha...?Don't Cha...?
Don't Cha...?

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Kilifi BoatyardKilifi Boatyard
Kilifi Boatyard

Local versus European boats
Oh dear!Oh dear!
Oh dear!

K after one drink too many...hot though!


12th August 2007

Aboriginals in Africa
You are looking brown arent you??? Hehe xoxox
14th August 2007

Nice MUsport top on the dinghy! We won more games than last year, but definetely would have gotten finals with your input! Glad to see you're 'back in the game' with blogs, missed my weekly kenya fix! Miss ya babe
15th June 2010
Kilifi Boatyard

Boat owner
We have tried to contact Kilifi Boatyard without success - mailbox full. Do you have any other email address for them - Kind regards Hans
22nd June 2010

Sorry guys, can't really help. there is a phone number on the website http://www.kilifiboats.com/defaulthome.htm if you want to give that a try. or there's an enquiry section, but other than that i can't be of any help. good luck.
6th August 2010
Kilifi Boatyard

kilifiboats
contact kilifiboats@gmail.com

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb