Day Thirty-Nine; Sunday, April 13 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 13th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up today at 7:30 for breakfast. We sat around most of the morning and decided to skip teh mountain climb. We walked to the town closest to PML and visited Jahwill's friend Zacki Devine, a rasta. He lives by the river surrounded by palm trees with his rasta wife and rasta son, Zacki. We pretty much sat around there all afternoon. They gave us fresh pineapple (delicious!) and Zacki taught us an African board bgame that I'm planning on buying to bring home. They treated Rebecca's bug bites with REAL aloe vera plants and gave us fresh avocadoes when we left.

I've noticed at most places we've visited that if the women do visit with guests at all it is for a very short period of time. They continually work. I also noticed that although Zacki's standards of living are very meager, his family still have the largest set of woofers (speakers) I have ever seen.

When we left we waited for a taxi in town. Most of the kids were afraid of us. A teenage girl informed us that because the kids were villagers they were afraid of white people. When the taxi finally arrived we had a 20 minute argument about the price of the cab. We finally got in to the cab and it broke down on the way down the mountain so the driver put the car in coast and we coasted all the way down. When we got to the bottom he actually did get the cab started which was a huge relief.

It stomed on the ride back and I saw lightning strike really close...twice. We got home and I watched "Zoolander" and "Ruthless People" with British Rebecca. I worked on study materials for my class after that.

Hope everyone is doing well back home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb