Day Thirty-Eight; Saturday, April 12 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 12th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up ready to go to Paradise Mountain Lodge with British Rebecca, Matt, and Emily. Found out in the morning that Jahwill and Henry would be joining us. We all crammed in to one taxi and started our way to PML. We stopped at a casket shop in Hohoe that was actually really cool. They make caskets here in any shape or design, all around $300.00

When we finally arrived at PML I was floored by the insane view. You can see for miles and miles. After we sat around for awhile Jahwill took us on a "hike" to a secret waterfall. This was no ordinary hike. We basically walked through crazy jungle terrain (thorns, poisonous plants, etc) for 45 minutes. We finally arrived at the waterfall and it was so serene and peaceful. We were surrounded by jungle and sat directly in front of a beautiful lagoon. The waterfall had created a smooth slide from the water formation over time and we were able to climb up the side of the waterfall and slide down the waterfall like a waterslide. It was crazy fun and looked like it was right out of a jungle movie.

We swam in the lagoon for awhile and then took the hour+ walk back to PML. We sat around the lodge for the afternoon and ate dinner at 7:00 in light from kerosene lamps as there is no electricity. The lodge was so beautiful. Absolutely everything was lit by kerosene lamp. It was surreal seeing nothing in the distance but darkness.

We sat around in the dark the rest of the night talking and listening to the sounds of nature. Matt told a story about him and his sister dating in the same family. Henry (a local) explained that that was not OK in Africa and we couldn't understand why. Henry later asked, about 15 minutes after we switched conversations, if Matt's parents were okay with him dating his sister. We laughed for a really long time. Ahhh, language barriers.

Super super fun day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb