Day Seven; March 12 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
March 18th 2008
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up and went to placement at Christ Orphanage. One word: overwhelming. There were over 100 kids at the orphanage, thirty of which live there and share two double bed matresses to sleep. After being treated like a celebrity and mauled for over 25 minutes, we sang. Hearing the kids sing is unbelievable and never gets old. They are so full of life and God's spirit. We even sang "Give God the Glory", which we sing with the "Arky Arky" song back home. When we first arrived, the children all screamed "YEVU! YEVU!" which means "white person" in Ewe. We then split up into small groups and tried to learn the alphabet which was awful. Everyone crying, no one listening.

After leaving, we ate goat, rice, and plantain chips for lunch. In the afternoon we visited WLI Waterfall. It was absolutely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. We swam under the waterfall and then visited an ostrich farm. Went out to dinner at night and it toko 2 and a half hours to get my spaghetti, as one lady cooked from scrach for our group of 14. Went home and crashed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb