Sunday 2nd October,Swimming with the children .......


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Northern » Tamale
October 7th 2006
Published: October 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

At a meeting with the volunteers it was decided we would take the children from the home for a trip to the swimming pool. We were delighted to hear there was a swimming pool and my children were probably just as excited as the children from the home.
We arrived at the Home at 1230 and collected the three children and set off for the pool. Marc had his friend Abdul, Huw had Joe and Sian was in charge of Assana, her little baby Fatimata was too small to come. The pool was a wonderful surprise. Clean and big with a slide in the deep end and a little paddling pool for the smaller children.
Joe was not too impressed firstly with the taxi ride and then by the water. He is so gorgeous and needed to be held most of the afternoon. He was okay on dry land but not too happy being anywhere near the water. Huw assures me that he doesn’t usually mind his bath. Abdul was very keen and even went down the slide with Marc, hopefully we might get to take him to the pool another day and see if we can encourage him. Assana did not enjoy the water either that is until it was time to go and then she didn’t want to come out.
Marc Huw and Sian were brilliant with the children and spent the entire afternoon in the water with them. There were some very rough and tumble games with some of the bigger children and they loved it, all you could hear were shouts for Marc and Shuw, Huw’s name is a little hard to pronounce.
Now we know there is a pool and quite close to us I am already being nagged almost daily by M H & S to go….
The children all had ice lollies, Joe did not like his neither did Abdul but they also had drinks and sweets so all in all it was a very successful outing.
I have been to the childrens home with MH &S once and it ws a very emotional experience. Those of you who know me know I would never admit to my children being perfect, but the way they give to these poor little children I am so proud of them. they go in 4 times a week and lavish love and attention on as many children as possible. they all have their favourites and it is very evident how much the orphans love my wonderful children. they absolutely cling to Marc and Huw and SIan and they are very protective. children here are not allowed to be children for long and marc huw and sian are bringing a little joy and rough and tumble into thier lives. I am so proud of my children but it is going to be very hard on them when the time cmes to say goodbye. We don't have to think of it just yet but soon, too soon. If I could I would certainly bring one or two back to australia with me. We will endeavour somehow to keep in touch and continue to help, even if only from a distance.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb