21 hours in the car...


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Northern » Tamale
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

so the last blog i said we were leaving and going to be driving for 4 hours...i lied, the professors lied. we were in the car for 21 hours driving to the mole game reserve. i kid you not, 21 hours. it was awful. we were on only 2 or 3 main dirt roads for most of the trip. it felt like we were getting no where. not to mention the headlights went out and we were basically driving by the moonlight. the game reserve was awesome!! it was beautiful. i went on two walking safaris and saw: baboons, wild hogs, elephants, deer, a few other things. the elephants were the best part. we were about 30 feet from them. we visited a mosque & the mystery stone of larabanga. after that we drove to bolgatanga. played with some crocodiles, walked over the border into burkina faso, went to the country to this craft center where women go to do pottery, canvas paintings, weaving, etc. i bought 6 pieces of pottery because the stuff was gorgeous and really cheap. i felt like i was stealing it from this talented women. that night a few of us went out with our professors and towns people to this hotel for a few drinks. we tired this alcohol called instant death or kill me quick. it was disgusting! i tired really hard not to get sick, but im trying everything at least once! on the way to tamale we stopped at one of the slave camps where slaves were held. i was great. the people there even played a song for us. luckily i got it on video. today we were supposed to go to one of the larger slave markets & tour tamale, but it was rained all night and into today so we didn't do much. caught up on some sleep, walked around after it stopped raining to get mangos & went to the post office quick. it was nice to have a relaxing day though. traveling tires me out. time is almost up...tomorrow we leave at 7:30am to travel to kumasi for a few days. we're stopping at a monkey sancutary on the way there. i have no idea who long its going to take us to get there, hopefully no longer than 5 hours to kumasi. after that i start to get a little crazy :o) hope all is well back in the states. hopefully i can get on in a few days in kumasi or when we arrive in cape coast. see you all soon!!

<3 ash

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb