A quick note..


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Northern » Tamale
November 21st 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick entry, we are so busy trying to fit in all the things we want to do before we leave. We came to the terrible realisation that we only have 8 days left and none of us are ready to leave. Life is difficult in many ways but for us as a family it has been really special. Anyway.... the dry season is really with us and the difference is amazing. We have not had any rain to speak of for about three weeks. That may not sound long but the effects are already very visible. The lush and green countryside has already turned brown with the only green being in the treetops. It is amazing how quickly everything has become dry. Though the worst is very definitely yet to come, everyone keeps saying that March is unbearable before the rains come and if things move as quickly as they have in three short weeks I can believe it!! With the dry of course comes the dust and travelling home from Savelugu in the afternoons it is sometimes very difficult to see too far ahead with the dry winds blowing all the sand around. The locals call it the Hamattan season and it is the sands from the Sahara that are blown down here.
there are a few advantages and they are mainly in temperature. Although the temperature is actually higher it feels cooler and at night we have even had to use the odd blanket. The Ghanaians get really cold and don't like the dry season but I can assure you that the cool nights are a really welcome relief.
The other not so pleasant side effect of the dry dust is the dust that invades absolutely every aspect of your being and possessions and space....... You taste sand all the time, you feel it all the time, and you see it on every available surface. We do dusting in the maternity unit.. and by lunchtime you can not tell that we have cleaned.
I am in the midst of writing about a fantastic holiday we have just had and will post it as soon as possible.
ghana remains a very special place and I am sure that Richard and I and probably the children will visit here again.
Love to you all.
Also, please do not get cross if we do not always reply to emails as connections are not always great and we do not get into town very often these days.
Love to you all. Stay safe and will write again soon.

Advertisement



22nd November 2006

what a great time
Have enjoyed reading all your blogs and you appeared to have enjoyed your trip albeit hard work at times! soon you all will be leaving for Austrailia and new things again. We have all missed you in Somerfield but life goes on! All the very best to you Richard, Sue, Huw, Ian and Sian ans best of luck for the future. Lots of love Fiona

Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb