The Football Match


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra » Tema
July 19th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning I got up at 6.40 as we were getting a tro-tro (mini bus) to watch the football team that Robbie has been coaching, playing in a match. Typically though, we're on Ghanaian time, so we didn't end up leaving until a good 45 mins later than we had planned. We walked up to the church to get the tro-tro, and a couple of the team met us there and got a ride with us.

It took 45 mins to get to Tema Stadium, though it wasn't really a stadium in western terms. But the guys playing were so excited, as it was just brilliant for them to be playing a proper match on a proper pitch. (Well, it was Astroturf, and a half-hearted attempt at it but whatever).

I had my camera, and a lot of them wanted photos, so I took photos of them. I also took photos of the game itself - so many that my battery ran out and is now charging (and I hope it doesn't take too long, as we're off to the waterfalls this afternoon). We got given t-shirts to wear, that were sponsored by a local restaurant, which was really nice.

The guys all seemed to have a great time. There were 4 teams in all, all from the same club, so each team played one other, for an hour each. It was a really good morning. We got back home on the tro-tro and now packing and getting ready to leave for our weekend trip for the waterfalls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb