At the Ethiopia-Kenya Border -- Moyale


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Oromia Region » Moyale
April 19th 2007
Published: April 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Ethiopian Town of MoyaleThe Ethiopian Town of MoyaleThe Ethiopian Town of Moyale

little, basic transit town..
just got off the bus at the ethiopia-kenya border, at the border town of Moyale.. was thinking of grabbing something to eat and then heading for the border and spend the night at Kenya.. when i saw this internet cafe.. woah! never expected it..

Bus ride from addis to hear was an easy 2 days ride.. too easy actually.. and i'm thinking the journey can be done in one day.. ticket costs about 87birr.. first day, bus left addis at 630am, arrived at Dilla at 130pm to stop for the night.. 130pm!! but ok lah.. stayed at a nice hotel.. Hotel Zeleke.. 25birr... 2nd day.. bus left Dilla at about 630am as well.. and we arrived here 220pm..

the journey here was good.. pretty flat ground.. good sealed roads most of the way.. something with ethiopians tho.. they dun like the windows open.. so sometimes can be quite stuff in the bus.. today got a little warm.. and i bo chup already.. i open the window.. they asked for me to close it.. i said no.. i very hot... i need it open.. haha..

ok.. will go grab some lunch now.. and then cross over to Kenya..
Enroute to MoyaleEnroute to MoyaleEnroute to Moyale

at a town called something-maryam.. these kids (like many other ethiopian kids) called me Jackie.. Brother Chen Long has really made the Chinese proud.. even kids in small african village knows who is Jackie Chan..
sleep there for the night and leave tomorrow early morning thru Marsabit and Isiolo.. should arrive in nairobi in about 2-3 days time.. now rainy season.. hope road not too bad.. if road bad or i shuey and bus break down. .maybe will get there 1-2 days later.. see how..

oh.. i'll get a sim card asap once i arrive in Kenya.. so you guys can contact me then..


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The nice road to MoyaleThe nice road to Moyale
The nice road to Moyale

Nice.. tarred.. road.. yummy..
The Bus to MoyaleThe Bus to Moyale
The Bus to Moyale

The bus i was on was surprisingly luxurious too! pseudo-leather seats.. curved for comfort.. wah... if only i can open the windows...
How i carry my big 'day' bagHow i carry my big 'day' bag
How i carry my big 'day' bag

I usually stow the big backpack ontop of the bus.. and figured out a way to relieve some of the weight of my almost-as-big day-camera-pack on the way down from lalibela.. i hang it just above my thighs... it's always a good conversation starter with the locals.. haha..


19th April 2007

In the jungle....
In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight.... In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight.... Ahhh....oooooooo..oooooo... ;)
20th April 2007

Hey...!
Hmmm.... I am starting to wonder if you really want us to call you at all, man... I mean like I spent the better part of 20 minutes tryingto call you on my local IDD charges and you never picked up the phone! Do you know that IDD charges start the moment the ringing tone does?!!! Duh....
22nd April 2007

eh...
you called me for 20mins when it was 5am+ my time.. i need my beauty sleep too =) during the day i may not hear the phone at times.. as the phone is in my money belt.. so pls understand if i am not able to answer in time.. but i should be able to answer by the second call..

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb