The wonderful Web Valley


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Oromia Region » Bale
January 14th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the roadView from the roadView from the road

We went down a track from the BMNP HQ to the Web Valley.
Liza (another VSO) and her partner, Rupert, came up to Robe on holiday. Hooray! More visitors with a vehicle! They very kindly took me out with them for a couple of days.

They stayed with me on Saturday night, mainly because the Bekele Mola only had a twin room and the other nice hotel, the Bale Park, didn’t have a room that night. So, on Sunday morning, after an amazing number of cups of tea for Liza, we headed to Dinsho, the Bale Mountain Park Headquarters, with Elias their driver. We called in on Deb and Alastair on arrival, who recommended that we get a guide from the lodge and head to the Web Valley as we wanted to walk.

It was wonderful. Such a beautiful, untouched place. One of the highlights was seeing giant mole rats - favourite food of the Ethiopian Wolf. It seemed as though the mountain chats were signalling to them that it was safe, as they would visit a hole and seconds later the mole rat would appear. Walking in this wilderness area was amazing.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mole ratMole rat
Mole rat

The trick was to focus on a hole that had just been visited by a Mountain Chat.
WildernessWilderness
Wilderness

Amazing walk through a totally unspoilt area. Photo courtesy of Liza and Rupert
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

A perfect stop for chocolate. Photo by Liza and Rupert.


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb