The Felucca Journey Begins


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Aswan
June 19th 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Relaxing on the FeluccaRelaxing on the FeluccaRelaxing on the Felucca

This is all I had to do all day and night.
We joined the Felucca boat at 10:30 am in Aswan. The Felucca was captained by Eub and his first mate and cook named Mohammed. The great thing about the Felucca is that you have nothing to do but relax. The crew takes care of all the sailing jobs and the cook prepares your meals. All you have to do to lounge around on the mat under an awning to protect you from the sun while watching the Nile, Date Palms, and Mango trees go by. The first night we stopped on a little island that was home to water buffalo that is that is looked after by there care takers who live in the village nearby. The Felucca is like a step back in time where everything is simple and you can relax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

My FeluccaMy Felucca
My Felucca

This was my boat called the Jamaica Family


21st June 2006

relaxing
Well thats a different kind of cruise, same amenities of sorts. Glad to hear from you again I was wondering how your journey down the Nile went. Did your journal end to soon. Ensa with everything is simple and you can relax. I,m home today Wed. from work. Take care as always , Mom . Love your deck pictures!
22nd June 2006

Nice!
Wow Herb this place looks like heaven. The award for the most kick ass summer goes to you!

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb