FIrst Day DIving


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai
November 16th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Early start today, we all went to the Ocean College to get kitted out for Diving, our first day was a fun dive which consists of 2 dives from a boat ( Lady Garda)

I was a bit miffed at the Ocean CLub as on pre booking the dive packs it apparently didnt include equipment hire which is a further 25 Euros per day for your dive gear.

We all bundled in to a mini bus and drove to the port of Old Sharm where there is a huge mele of people all going out on different boats for scuba diving snorkling, glass bottom boats etc.

Our first dive site was a place called Ras Kati, quite an easy dive and close to a reef blade with a shelf dropping down quite steeply to about 40M

Visibility was amazing probably around 30M and excellent marine life. after the first dive had ended we sailed to Temple which is another dive site around the corner and had a nice 2 hour interval on the deck of the boat before doing our second dive, the scenery is really pretty with the sinai mountains in the back drop and even
bouyancy Practisebouyancy Practisebouyancy Practise

Taking time out for a little hover!
in mid November temperatures were around 28-30 Degrees.

2 good dives and headed back to our apartment.

Back in to Narm Bay in the evening we ate at a lebonese restaraunt, food was excellent but im convinced we over paid. our bill came to 70 pounds (700 EP) and then the waiter tried to ask for a further 15 pounds for our drinks. you have to watch whats happening as we questioned the amount for the drinks as we had only had 5 beers and one glass of wine, the waiter came back and apolgised saying that another waiter had put down that we had had 23 beers!!! i assume the food was probably over priced too but we just put that down to experience. There is a 10% Tax on all food too and a lot of people put there service charge in to it aswell so be sure not to tip twice.


Anyhooo.. early night as we start our Advanced OPen Water Course Tomorrow. ( Equipment included in the Course)





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Awwww....Awwww....
Awwww....

aint us cute :P :P


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb