Day 14,15,16 - Mt Sinai/Dahab


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
September 9th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After our first sleep in and another non-breakfast box breakfast we spent today relaxing and snorkeling in the Red Sea - just beautiful!. Dinner was at a place called the “Funny Mummy” which is filled with lots of cats - so many cats we were given water pistols to chase them away! No sleep for us tonight as we leave at 11.30pm to travel to Mt Sinai which is a 2 hour drive west of Dahab and then about a 2 ½ to 3 hour climb to the peak to watch the sunrise tomorrow morning followed with yet another breakfast box waiting for us at the bottom!

We managed to get sleep on the bus before we got to Mt Sinai - the proposed site of the 10 commandments. After meeting our Bedouin guide who was to help us up and down Mt Sinai we started our climb alongside many smelly camels. The climb up took us 2 hours 40 minutes and we were rewarded with a perfect spot on the edge of Mt Sinai to watch the sunrise. After 2 snickers and a cup of tea each the sunrise came and to coin Sara (yet another lovely Australian on our tour) we both had a bit of a life moment!!! The view the brilliant and well worth the climb. The climb down was much harder than the climb up as we did not realize the bad condition of the track in the dark.

We drove back to Dahab and slept for the remainder of the day as Michelle managed to catch a cold. Graham did however, get up for an Egyptian massage and coconut scrub in the evening before we headed to “Nemo” for another lovely restaurant overlooking the red sea for dinner. Another sad end to the night at we said goodbye Christina and Tracy as the leave us tonight to head home to America.

We slept well and got up early to try to upload the blog but internet service wasn't that great and all we managed to do was check some emails. We left Dahab this morning bound back to Cairo. Our bus trip back was with the same driver that we had on the way their and we made it back in 6 hours. If we see him in the driver seat again I don't think we will get on 😊. Shady left us tonight and the tour has wrapped up. It was all a bit sudden but it meant that we did not have long drawn out good byes. Tomorrow will be our last day in Cairo and there will still be a few members of our tour left as we all leave over the next couple of days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb