Alexandria - Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alexandria can be viewed in 3 days. We came by bus on Thursday evening and went directly to KADOURA fish restaurant. After we went to sleep in a FOUAD HOTEL (40 Egyptian pounds per night), it's in the downtown, but not that much good and comfortable (no toilet in the room). Next day we woke up at 8am, first we visited Greek-roman amphitheater on foot, then we took a taxi to Pompey's Pillar, then on foot to see Catacombs. Next place was The Citadel - Fort Qaitbey, don't miss this!! We went there by taxi (don't allow them to still you, it's enough 5-7 eg. pounds for that ride!!).
After we had a lunch in TIKKA GRILL (very good and clean place, but not that much cheap). In the afternoon we visited Alexandrian library by taxi and that was all for a first day. In the evening don't miss Jungle cafe!!

Next day we went to Montazah Palace Gardens, unfortunately you cant enter the palace, it's closed for public, but you can walk around the garden and find a good beach. In the afternoon we took a bus to go back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb