Cairo and a Bunch of Old Gizas


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt
April 16th 2010
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Face to FaceFace to FaceFace to Face

Attempting to throat sing with an Egyptian master.
What's the best bait for catching fish in the Nile?
Cai-roe, of course, and that's where we headed after a short stay in Switzerland. With close to 20 million people sprawled along both banks of the Nile and a history that dates way back, you can get hooked onto Cairo quite easily. We were pleasantly surprised by the place and enjoyed all of the sites including the Islamic and Coptic Christian quarters, the downtown core and Egyptian Museum. A visit to Cairo also involves a little visit up to the Giza Plateau where there are few orderly piles of quarried stone to marvel at. These rocky relics didn't disappoint either.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Pyramid of KhafrePyramid of Khafre
Pyramid of Khafre

Slightly smaller than its neighbour, the Great Pyramid of Khufu. These pyramids were the tallest manmade structures in the world until the completion of the Eiffel Tower.
Stone GuardianStone Guardian
Stone Guardian

Guarding the 4600 year old, 146m high Great Pyramid of Khufu.
Saqqara SaluteSaqqara Salute
Saqqara Salute

The Step Pyramid of Zoser is supposedly the oldest stone monument in the world and the first attempt at an Egyptian pyramid.
Egyptian MezzeEgyptian Mezze
Egyptian Mezze

A table full of tasty appetizers, salads and dips.
Geometry 101Geometry 101
Geometry 101

Some of the amazing decorative wall patterns found in the Coptic Churches and Mosques.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb