Salaam


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey ya'all, Nick and I are safe in Cairo. We had a 15 hour long bus ride due to some delays, we were stuck at the Taba border crossing for over 4 hours. Other than that we had a safe trip. We got to our hotel late last night around 1am and then woke up early at 7am so that we could make it to the pyramids before it got too touristy and too hot. We made it and it was so surreal to actually be in their presence. We got to take a camel ride through the Sahara and the pyramids, including the Sphinx. It was awesome. We also got to see the Egyptian Museum, which holds a lot of Egyptian artifacts like sarcaphogases, tablets with hyrogliphics, and treasure like that of Tutankamen (sp?). It was really neat stuff and we enjoyed our time. We have been walking a lot and we've really been getting a taste of the Egyptian culture, which is crazy. The driving or street situation is insane with no road rules and the city is very busy and wild. Everybody is real nice but a little sketchy. I get starred at a lot because of my blonde hair and Nick because he's asian, but it works (our self-esteem is boosted from all the "welcome to Egypt"s. Anyways, Cairo is a very interesting place and Nick and I are enjoying ourselves but are also ready to go somewhere not so hectic. We have tomorrow all day and we have plans to go on a Nile cruise with dinner and a belly dancing performance. Well thats all for now except for that we got to enjoy a wonderful American inspired dinner at the old fashioned Hard Rock Cafe and we are both very full. Well goodnight and good luck.

-------LIZ-----

P.S. hi its nick. Note to self: Never take a bus in Cairo.


Advertisement



24th December 2007

lol
Merry Christmas!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb