Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
November 4th 2007
Published: November 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

NileNileNile

A swim in the pool over looking the Nile
After 30 hours of continuous travel I was fortunately at the luxurious end of the trip. A few hours stopover in Dubai allowed me views of the stunning Durj building and the Palm Islands, looking forward to longer on the way home.
Alexandria, i could live here! I swam in the mediterraen as the sun came up over a minaret, ate from the fish market all delicious and recognisable and explored. The breath-taking moments were at the catacombs, still being preserved and excavated, examples of geometry and engineering overwhelming.
The days fly past and it is hard to find a internet cafe but thanks for all your neat messages. The trip is turning into a feast of special occasions. our professor from the university gets us to all sorts of places tourists are not allowed. money changes hands often and gates open. a two hour visit up 300 steps inside the Kings Pryamid for meditation was an experience I will have trouble describing but left me highly energised---the Sphinx was opened to us to walk up to and experience the enormity, discover the shaft down below where they are excavating down to water table........the visit to a village that hasnt had tourists before. travelling under guard by the police, protection for us as we were mobbed but not beforew eating a banquet in a local house; all fabulous experiences, i feel very privileged. lots of fun being had with the group...............will add photos if i can. having trouble with the capital letter on this computer.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb