Walk about Town


Advertisement
Djibouti's flag
Africa » Djibouti
March 15th 2006
Published: March 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have been taking a walk around town and the port area every day. Yesterday we took some pictures, and I am going to attempt to attach a couple to this blog. So far the temperature has been warm, but not hot. One of the Embassy drivers advised us that we were lucky, in that we would be gone before, or just after the hot season begins. This hot season usually begins the end of April/beginning of May. By hot season, they mean humid and 130 degrees. I guess that's what you can expect being so close to the equator and being at sea level. We do enjoy our walk which primarily takes place around the port area. We do walk past the President's Residence and I was tempted to try to take a picture of it. However, as soon as one of his guards at the gate saw me with a camera, he warned me not to take the picture. So, discretion prevailed and there will be no pictures of the Presidents Residence. We are planning another trip to Camp Lemonier, and if there are any things that occur that we can share with you, we will do that.

Advertisement



15th March 2006

Our walks about town
Hi Guys We have been walking about Ceduna, SA. We didn't realise it was on the coast with beautiful beaches. Have been eating oysters whilst you have been eating whoppers! Heading across the Nullarbor desert tomorrow so will be a few days before we can blog again. Love Jo and John
10th May 2006

home
you're probably home by now, but if you're still overseas, I might suggest you be carefull and alert as I have been reading the newspaper and I am under the impression that the area of the world you are in is a little risky . be carefull. who knows where the oil they used on the putting green came from. there could be pcb's in it or something awful like that. wipe your shoes real well before you go in the house. Better yet come back to the states and play golf where the grass is healthy. concerned about your welfare, cousin dave.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb