Tuesday 18th October 2016


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
October 18th 2016
Published: October 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

20161017_13260120161017_13260120161017_132601

Sign by the caravn as we are near the river.
Last night we had a buffet meal in the restaurant under a thatched roof above the pool. We went to bed at 8:30 ready fo early start this morning. So 4:30am we were having breakfast and were ready to leave by 5:30. Safri jeeps arrived to take us all to Chobe Park. You have to have 4x4 as a lot of it is off road on sand. We drove round and spotted sabl antelope, an elephant feeding on dry grass with its youngster beside the road. Later we found giraffe, a wild cat and then a lion lying near a dead elephant. Lots of guinea fowl were everywhere and we found a jackal though too far away to photograph. Later we saw lionesses and one even got up and walked round the bush. We had a coffee stop and were greeted by baboons of all ages. Then we went down near the river and saw lot of birds and hippos.

We got back to the camp to find airconditioning on the blink. Later we went on the river with a small group around a little island between Botswana and Namibia. It was cooling in the breeze. We had fun watching elephants wade across to the island, watched hippos wallowing bumps in the water and one or two crocs. One got fed up with us watching him and after showing his teeth slid into the water.

After a quick lunch it was straight into the pool hoping the electric is being sorted for the air conditioning.

Advertisement



19th October 2016

SouthAfrica
Sounds absolutely fabulous. Brings back fond memories of Kenya and Ghana.

Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb