This Is Africa!


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
December 6th 2010
Published: December 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

The start of our globe trotting adventure was off to a rocky start when we weren't sure if would even make it out of Bonnie Scotland due to the snow. The snow was then the least of our worries when James had a sudden panic that we had missed our flight altogether - luckily he was looking at our arrival time in Dubai!! After a few nervous stomach flipping moments we made it onto our flight and arrived in Jo'burg in one piece (as did our bags!).

We had one night in Jo'burg before catching our flight to Livingtone the following day. On arrival at 'Grubby's Grotto', Livingstone, we met some of our tour group. They are a great group of people, 19 to start with and towards the end of the 3wk tour numbers will get down to around 12! After setting our chateux for the next 3 weeks ie. our tent, we hot footed it straight to Victoria Falls. Despite it being the dry season and there only being a fraction of the water falling it was still absolutley spectacular!

After an afternoon in Livingstone we were up at the crack of dawn the next day for our first overland journey to Botswana. On the last leg of the journey we were held up at the Zambezi River as our ferry to Botswana had broken down, the commonly used phrase 'This Is Africa' sprung to mind - basically meaning anything can happen and it will always take double the amount if time it should! After finally arriving at our campsite, we were on our way again to our first Game viewing of the trip - a cruise down the Chobe river. As it is the rainy seson in Botswana we were told not to expect much, however to our delight we were lucky enough to spot hippo, elephant, impala and crocodiles! That evening as we sat around our camp are having tea a huge dung beatle (twice the size of a cockroach) landed on my plate sending my dinner flying! Such a good impression to make on our second night!!

Next stop is the Okavango Delta!

Hope all's well at home, lots of love x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

"Motel 6""Motel 6"
"Motel 6"

Our tent for the next 3 weeks


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb