Cold nights


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
May 24th 2007
Published: May 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

23.05.07
The great adventure started cold and wet. Last minute on Friday evening the landrover was finally repaired. Packing in the rain on Saturday and starting the next morning in th rain was only the beginning. The next three days the coldfront was on our heels and we could not escape the cold even as far as Ganzi in Botswana, where we are now. Khalagadi was as ever a wondergful experience and a great entry to Botswana. We saw our first Cheeta hunting in the wild. On the open plain we watched this most elegant cat in good view. We also saw, very brief though two honeybadgers and of course bucks of all sorts and sizes. The lions, as usual eluded us, they seem to only show up when our friends visit the same area ;o( maybe next time.
Meanwhile we passed through Hukunzi on a tarred !! road (for those of you who know the area all too well) and headed streight to Ganzi, where we are now. If the weather does not improve tomorrow we will proceed directly to the Caprivi strip (Namibia),


Advertisement



24th May 2007

Good to hear from you
Hi you two - wonderful to get some news from you (think this blogging thing is great). Envy you right now but at last I ahve 10 days in Namibia to look forward to in July. Have a lovely time. Annelize
24th May 2007

Cheers eerste een vir die dag
It is also very cold here. We had our first snow in the alpines on monday Have a wonderful time. We will see you in Jaunuary 2008. The Aussies
28th May 2007

Namibia
HAllo to you.We have also had an incredible trip in Namibia and also left in the rain.To drive for one and a half day n the rain was also a first for us.Diesel consmption went for a dive in the onslaught of the cold front.Now it is sunny and nice.Our olive tour in Swakop and Henties bay was a success.I saw lots of animas and different worlds in one day.Please do not make the same mistake as me with your camera card.I plugged it in the computer as well as a flash drive.I wanted to clear the flash drive but cleared the camera card instead.How stupid.Now I just have good memries and no photos.Vehicle trouble has caused is to stay three days in Windhoek and we will probably leave tomorrow.Good luck with the trip and we will follow your proceedings.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb